Social Compliance/Social Accountability Management Series
Standard / Program:
ISO 26000, SA8000, RBA(EICC), IETP(ICTI), FLA, WRAP, RJC, ETI base code, ICS, SMETA, SLCP
- There are many scheme about code of conduct driven by international buyers and industry alliance that call for good business ethical behavior.
- SA8000 is the first global standard about social accountability. The standard requires an organization systematically implement its policies and procedures on personnel management according to International Labour Ordinance, relevant international human right treaties and local labour regulations.
- In parallel, various schemes were set up which were driven by industry or by traders/enterprises in different countries. Many contents are similar and most concerned issues are:
- Child & youth labour
- Compensation and working hours
- Freedom of association
- Forced labour
- Disciplinary practice
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Environmental protection
- Moral Business Behavior
- Being responsive to customer’s and public concerns: enhance market reputation
- Assess and monitor the distribution of working hours and compensation; driving for better capacity management in relation to cost and productivity
- Reduce cost associated with sickness, damage to health and industrial accidents, etc.
- Avoid unnecessary cost of litigation resulting from breach of labour/ OHS ordinance
- Improve communication and strengthen relationship between employers and employees
- Enhance company’s ability in managing the supply chain in accordance with the risk factors